Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Young Women On The Journey

I usually read a story or 2 before going to bed as part of my Daily Devotion/ Quiet Time with God. Most of the stories really touched me as I always ask God to speak to me through the stories I read and Bible verses linked to them.

This book is a compilation of Testimonies of young women & their journey through life. There are a total of 77 stories and I've already read 53 of them. I recommend this book to all ladies (and gentlemen)... Discover the questions that these young women have asked, and find answers for your own.

I'm sharing this passage from one of the stories I recently read from this book. That night, I prayed and asked God to open my heart for whatever HE wants to tell me (as I always do)... and when I started reading, I was overwhelmed and so touched with HIS message...

"I realized that all the success in the world is meaningless if it bears no eternal value. Now I have just one simple desire: to love God and spend my entire life loving Him by ministering to other people, whatever it takes." - Jodi Darcen (one of the contibutors).

Proverbs 31:29 says, "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all."


God bless us all! :)

2 comments:

Maria Ysabel Lana said...

Thanks for the insight.. This makes me hook up again to what we believe. We are woman of faith and having confidence that with God all things are possible. Our fear in the Lord is our guiding light showing us the way. That passage of praise to a noble woman still echoes in the present.

Joice Villamor said...

I'm glad this spoke to you :)